President Donald Trump held a press conference Monday at the White House with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, where the President took questions for nearly forty minutes on a huge range of topics.
Trump weighed in on everything from the current crisis to Puerto Rico (he said that the island has more generators than anywhere else in the world, but did not provide statistics), whether he is considering firing special counsel Robert Mueller (he’s not), and his plans to call the families of the U.S. soldiers recently killed in an attack in Niger.
Read the full transcript below:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction