Tongues wagged in September 2017 after Kidman gave Skarsgård a friendly kiss on the mouth at the ceremony after he won an Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie for his role in Big Little Lies, with many on the Internet pointing out that Kidman did so while husband Keith Urban looked on.
During an appearance on The Graham Norton Show, Kidman defended her choice to kiss Skarsgård in congratulations after Norton cheekily showed a photo of Kidman kissing her co-star.
“I kissed my husband too!” she said. “I did kiss him [Urban]. But you’ve got to understand I did everything with Alex [Skarsgård]! I’ve got an amazing, supportive, gorgeous husband who I love more than anything in the world and I gave Alex a congratulatory kiss and he’s like a mannequin!”
Kidman later took back part of her statement on the funny show, taking it all in stride.
“I mean, not a mannequin! I’m done,” she said.
Watch the full clip below.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.