In an image posted on both of their Instagram accounts Sunday afternoon, Turner’s left hand is adorned with an engagement ring. Turner wrote “I said yes” in her caption, and Jonas wrote, “She said yes.”
The couple started dating last year and have documented their travels together on social media. While details of their relationship have remained fairly private, the 21-year-old actor, best known for her portrayal of Sansa Stark on Game of Thrones, opened up to InStyle about it earlier this year.
“I found it easier to date someone who understands the industry or is in that world,” Turner said of dating Jonas, the 28-year-old DNCE frontman and former Jonas Brothers singer.
“You realize that you’re not going to see each other all the time,” she added.
She has also said she is “very happy” in the relationship despite the attention that comes with being a celebrity couple. “You do feel like you’re living in a fishbowl,” she told Marie Claire earlier this year.
Well-wishes already started pouring in for the couple on social media after they announced their engagement Sunday, including celebratory messages from Jonas’s brother, Nick Jonas, and others.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate