A Red Flag Weather Warning has been issued for parts of Northern California as deadly wildfires continue to spread in the region.
People are encouraged to extinguish outdoor fires and ensure hot coals are cooled, the NWS says. The agency also advises people to not throw cigarettes or matches out of of moving vehicles because they could ignite grass in the area.
What parts of Northern California are under a Red Flag Warning?
As of Saturday morning, Red Flag Warnings are active in the following areas (all times local), according to the National Weather Service:
North Bay Interior Valleys: Red Flag Warning until 5 p.m. on Saturday
North Bay Mountains: Red Flag Warning until 11 p.m. on Saturday
Western Sacramento Valley: Red Flag Warning until 8 p.m. on Saturday
Delta: Red Flag Warning until 8 p.m. on Saturday
Lake County and Upper Cache Creek Area: Red Flag Warning until 8 a.m. on Sunday
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time