A diehard Rick and Morty fan took his fandom to the next level when he traded his car for a single packet of McDonald’s Szechuan sauce, which has garnered a cult following because of the Adult Swim series.
According to Business Insider, Rick and Morty fan Rachel Marie nabbed one of the limited-edition sauces at McDonald’s and proceeded to post it on Pin Nation, a Facebook group where fandoms and festival goers can trade pins and souvenirs.
“There was actually a large response with some nice pins,” she said. “But if I could get a car, I thought, why not ask?” A fellow Rick and Morty fan apparently thought that this precious sauce was worth a car and offered up his early 2000s Volkswagon Gold Mk4.
While the fan did not give permission for his name to be used and Marie said that they did not find or talk about the car’s title, the trade did apparently happen, with both parties confirming to Business Insider that they they did indeed trade the sauce for the car.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization