Remember “The Dress?” Of course you do. Well, this week we have “The Shoe.”
It’s actually a lace-up sneaker — and, in the tradition of all of our favorite viral optical illusions, its color combination is very much up for debate. There’s no doubt that the lighting on the image that’s circulating online is the real culprit here. While many are going by face value — teal and gray! — others are arguing that the true hue must be pink and white.
As it turns out, the original is indeed pink and white, at least one Twitter user contends. But that isn’t stopping people from trying to wrap their brains around this new optical illusion.
Some still weren’t convinced. But there’s more evidence.
At least it doesn’t look like this is about to break the internet in the way that the (definitely white and gold) Dress did back in 2015.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State