In the picture — which also features Russell’s co-stars Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana sitting in director’s chairs — the 66-year-old actor appears to be sleeping with his head resting on his shoulder. But as one Twitter user pointed out, it looks as though a crew member standing in the background is styling Russell’s hair.
“I thought Kurt Russell had a tiny personal hairdresser in this photo and tbh my brain was fine with the idea,” the user captioned the photo in a tweet that has been favorited more than 33 thousand times and retweeted nearly 11 thousand as of Thursday.
Others quickly began providing their own theories on the shot. “That is the elf who makes people sleep to free them from the clutches of the cellphones,” Seekingandspeaking wrote. “The others are still to be attended.”
See some of the best reactions below.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year