So it should come as no surprise that Cardi paid homage to her borough with her performance of hit “Bodak Yellow” at the 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards by performing on a set that looked like it could have been a New York City street corner, complete with a bodega, a barber shop, street benches, and background dancers that played dice and did pull-ups.
The former Love & Hip-Hop star made her entrance from the doors of the bodega, where she emerged in a floor-length fur coat and statement sunglasses before performing a riveting rendition of “Bodak Yellow” that the audience enthusiastically rapped along to. Her memorable performance wasn’t the only highlight of the night for Cardi; she also took home top honors that night including Hustler of the Year, Single of the Year, and Best New Artist.
Watch the full performance here.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time