A photo from NASA showing the California wildfires from space reveals actively burning “hot spots,” which are outlined in red. The hot spots on the map are peppered throughout Northern California, including areas surrounding Napa, Calistoga and Mendocino County.
NASA’s Terra satellite took the photo of the California wildfires from space, and highlighted the hot spots using an instrument that detected higher temperatures in those areas.
See how the California wildfires look from space above.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears