A photo from NASA showing the California wildfires from space reveals actively burning “hot spots,” which are outlined in red. The hot spots on the map are peppered throughout Northern California, including areas surrounding Napa, Calistoga and Mendocino County.
NASA’s Terra satellite took the photo of the California wildfires from space, and highlighted the hot spots using an instrument that detected higher temperatures in those areas.
See how the California wildfires look from space above.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year