The office of First Lady Melania Trump is firing back at the President’s ex-wife Ivana, who called herself the “first lady” in an interview with Good Morning America on Monday.
While promoting her new memoir, “Raising Trump,” the mother to Trump’s oldest children — Ivanka, Donald Jr., and Eric — said that though she can call the White House directly, she chooses not to call too often because “Melania is there and I don’t want to cause any kind of jealousy.”
“I’m basically first Trump wife,” she continued. “I’m first lady.”
The office of the actual First Lady of the United States didn’t take too kindly to that assertion. In a statement, a spokesperson for the First Lady called Ivana’s interview, “attention-seeking and self-serving noise.”
“Mrs. Trump has made the White House a home for Barron and the President. She loves living in Washington, DC and is honored by her role as First Lady of the United States,” the statement from FLOTUS reads. “She plans to use her title and role to help children, not sell books.”
It continued, “There is clearly no substance to this statement from an ex, this is unfortunately only attention-seeking and self-serving noise.”
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive