During a Wednesday appearance on The Tonight Show to promote her memoir What Happened—an account of her loss to Trump in the presidential election last November— Clinton criticized the current administration for what she saw as a delayed response to aiding the people of Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
“What are the priorities? If three and a half million Americans — and Puerto Ricans are Americans, let’s make sure people remember that — if they aren’t the highest priority of your government in responding to such a terrible natural disaster, what are you people spending your time doing, right? Golfing, tweeting, watching cable TV? I mean, find some time to tell the Navy to get down there and rescue people and provide food and provisions and medical care.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time