During a Wednesday appearance on The Tonight Show to promote her memoir What Happened—an account of her loss to Trump in the presidential election last November— Clinton criticized the current administration for what she saw as a delayed response to aiding the people of Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
“What are the priorities? If three and a half million Americans — and Puerto Ricans are Americans, let’s make sure people remember that — if they aren’t the highest priority of your government in responding to such a terrible natural disaster, what are you people spending your time doing, right? Golfing, tweeting, watching cable TV? I mean, find some time to tell the Navy to get down there and rescue people and provide food and provisions and medical care.”
Watch the full clip below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science