As President Donald Trump departed from the site of the worst mass shooting in modern American history, a Reuters photographer captured the moment Air Force One flew by the broken windows of the resort where the Las Vegas gunman opened fire just days earlier.
Photographer Mike Blake’s photo shows the President’s plane in the air, just moments after takeoff, as it passes the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. The two broken windows where shooter Stephen Paddock staged a rampage from his room on the 32nd floor are visible in the foreground.
The Sunday night attack on concertgoers at a country music festival killed at least 59 people and wounded 527 more. The 64-year-old lone gunman killed himself after the shooting spree. His motive is still unknown.
President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump visited Las Vegas on Wednesday to meet with victims’ families and first responders.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization