Sporting Rich Uncle Pennybags’ classic top hat and monocle look, the protester — who was reportedly a representative of consumer advocacy group Public Citizen — sat behind former Equifax CEO Richard Smith as he testified on the credit firm’s massive security hack.
Some who spotted the board game character in the audience at the hearing took to Twitter to express their amusement at the stunt.
“The Monopoly Man who is wiping his brow with money and twirling his mustache is magical,” user Carolyn Altland wrote.
“A tip of the hat to the Monopoly Man,” Red T Raccoon added. “You good sir took a chance and it paid off during the Equifax hearings. Now go collect $200.”
See some of the responses below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time