Sporting Rich Uncle Pennybags’ classic top hat and monocle look, the protester — who was reportedly a representative of consumer advocacy group Public Citizen — sat behind former Equifax CEO Richard Smith as he testified on the credit firm’s massive security hack.
Some who spotted the board game character in the audience at the hearing took to Twitter to express their amusement at the stunt.
“The Monopoly Man who is wiping his brow with money and twirling his mustache is magical,” user Carolyn Altland wrote.
“A tip of the hat to the Monopoly Man,” Red T Raccoon added. “You good sir took a chance and it paid off during the Equifax hearings. Now go collect $200.”
See some of the responses below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve