The 15-second spot shows the young boys — who each speak a different language — seated on opposite sides of a table in a school cafeteria. After one unsuccessfully tries to bridge the language gap, he spots the other’s Star Wars thermos and quickly figures out a different way to connect with his lunch mate.
“Campbell’s new Star Wars soups, made for real, real life,” the voiceover concludes.
The commercial promotes the company’s limited-edition Star Wars cans and is part of a bigger push from Campbell’s centered around the upcoming release of the franchise’s eighth installment, The Last Jedi, on December 15.
This isn’t the first time Campbell’s has taken a Star Wars-focused approach to its advertising. The viral 2015 ad “Your Father” featured two dads impersonating Darth Vader as they spoon-feed soup to their toddler son.
Watch the new commercial below.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022