The 15-second spot shows the young boys — who each speak a different language — seated on opposite sides of a table in a school cafeteria. After one unsuccessfully tries to bridge the language gap, he spots the other’s Star Wars thermos and quickly figures out a different way to connect with his lunch mate.
“Campbell’s new Star Wars soups, made for real, real life,” the voiceover concludes.
The commercial promotes the company’s limited-edition Star Wars cans and is part of a bigger push from Campbell’s centered around the upcoming release of the franchise’s eighth installment, The Last Jedi, on December 15.
This isn’t the first time Campbell’s has taken a Star Wars-focused approach to its advertising. The viral 2015 ad “Your Father” featured two dads impersonating Darth Vader as they spoon-feed soup to their toddler son.
Watch the new commercial below.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time