Campbell’s Soup has debuted an inspiring new Star Wars-themed ad featuring two kids bonding over their love for the galaxy far, far away.
The 15-second spot shows the young boys — who each speak a different language — seated on opposite sides of a table in a school cafeteria. After one unsuccessfully tries to bridge the language gap, he spots the other’s Star Wars thermos and quickly figures out a different way to connect with his lunch mate.
“Campbell’s new Star Wars soups, made for real, real life,” the voiceover concludes.
The commercial promotes the company’s limited-edition Star Wars cans and is part of a bigger push from Campbell’s centered around the upcoming release of the franchise’s eighth installment, The Last Jedi, on December 15.
This isn’t the first time Campbell’s has taken a Star Wars-focused approach to its advertising. The viral 2015 ad “Your Father” featured two dads impersonating Darth Vader as they spoon-feed soup to their toddler son.
Watch the new commercial below.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement