The 15-second spot shows the young boys — who each speak a different language — seated on opposite sides of a table in a school cafeteria. After one unsuccessfully tries to bridge the language gap, he spots the other’s Star Wars thermos and quickly figures out a different way to connect with his lunch mate.
“Campbell’s new Star Wars soups, made for real, real life,” the voiceover concludes.
The commercial promotes the company’s limited-edition Star Wars cans and is part of a bigger push from Campbell’s centered around the upcoming release of the franchise’s eighth installment, The Last Jedi, on December 15.
This isn’t the first time Campbell’s has taken a Star Wars-focused approach to its advertising. The viral 2015 ad “Your Father” featured two dads impersonating Darth Vader as they spoon-feed soup to their toddler son.
Watch the new commercial below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization