It was a rough day for Theresa May.
The British Prime Minister delivered a speech at the annual Conservative Party conference on Wednesday to an audience of fellow Tories. But between a persistent cough, a lettered sign that wouldn’t stay put behind her and the disruptive behavior of a heckler who handed her a dismissal slip as a prank, May’s message was nearly drowned out by the many interruptions.
Naturally, the internet has plenty of hot takes on all the snafus you can watch in the video above.
Some sharp-eyed viewers also noted an interesting jewelry choice by May: a bracelet decorated with what appears to be the likeness of Frida Kahlo, a noted Communist.
May herself, however, had one response to the aftermath: a reminder that she’s just human after all. And badly in need of cough medicine.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases