It was a rough day for Theresa May.
The British Prime Minister delivered a speech at the annual Conservative Party conference on Wednesday to an audience of fellow Tories. But between a persistent cough, a lettered sign that wouldn’t stay put behind her and the disruptive behavior of a heckler who handed her a dismissal slip as a prank, May’s message was nearly drowned out by the many interruptions.
Naturally, the internet has plenty of hot takes on all the snafus you can watch in the video above.
Some sharp-eyed viewers also noted an interesting jewelry choice by May: a bracelet decorated with what appears to be the likeness of Frida Kahlo, a noted Communist.
May herself, however, had one response to the aftermath: a reminder that she’s just human after all. And badly in need of cough medicine.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization