“Today — it’s 13 days after Hurricane Maria — yet another disaster struck Puerto Rico,” the Late Show host said during the opening monologue of Tuesday’s episode. “Donald Trump visited the island.”
Colbert proceeded to slam Trump for his behavior while interacting with the people of Puerto Rico, airing a clip in which the president parted ways with a victim of the storm by telling him to, “Have a good time.”
“You’re at a disaster site, you’re not working the floor at your casino,” he said, adding his own take on Trump’s commentary. “‘You guys having fun here? Listen, I’m gonna comp you half a gallon of drinking water. Enjoy your hurricane, everybody, don’t forget to tip your FEMA worker.'”
Watch the full clip below.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.