“Hey, they’re shooting right at us, guys. Everybody stay down. Stay down,” one officer says as repeated gunshots ring out.
The footage shows officers running, warning civilians to get down and directing them to safety. Voices heard off-camera ask whether the rapid-fire gunshots are firecrackers or fireworks.
Suspected gunman, Stephen Paddock, a 64-year-old retired accountant, opened fire from a hotel room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino and continued shooting for about 10 minutes. More than 500 people were injured in what is now the deadliest shooting in modern U.S. history.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This