Assistant Clark County Sheriff Todd Fasulo said Monday that the shooter, 64-year-old Stephen Craig Paddock, was the only suspect and that the threat of further violence has subsided.
Paddock reportedly killed himself before authorities entered the hotel room from which he launched the deadly assault.
Fasulo said officers discovered 23 firearms in his room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, and 19 additional firearms at his home in Mesquite, Nevada. Authorities initially said there were 17 firearms in the room.
The shooting, which has been described the deadliest in U.S. history, is being investigated as a homicide. The shooter’s motive has not yet been established.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy