When asked in an interview with the Center for American Progress’ Thinking CAP podcast whether Republicans and the NRA are complicit in an epidemic of gun violence, Clinton said “of course they are.”
“This is nothing but pure, unadulterated greed motivated by people who want to sell as many guns as they can, to engage in a falsity of fear and rhetoric about why everybody has to have guns,” she said, according to an excerpt. The full podcast episode will be released Thursday.
“You know, the evidence is just so clear that more guns do not keep you safer and more guns in the wrong hands lead to terrible incidents,” she said.
Clinton criticized the Trump administration, for example, for repealing an Obama-era regulation that stopped certain people with a background of mental illness from obtaining firearms.
“We see the horrors of Las Vegas,” she said. “It happens every day.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time