Sarah Huckabee Sanders is scheduled to hold the daily press briefing at the White House Monday, less than 24 hours after the deadliest shooting in U.S. history occurred in Las Vegas.
A 64-year-old gunman, identified by authorities as Stephen Paddock, opened fire on the Route 91 Harvest Festival from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel in Las Vegas. At least 58 people were killed and 515 were injured, according to police, though those numbers are not final. Authorities found Paddock dead in his hotel room.
President Trump gave a brief statement from the White House this morning, where he called for national unity, offered condolences to the families of the victims, and hailed the actions of law enforcement.
The briefing is set to begin at 2 p.m., and the President and the First Lady will hold a moment of silence for the victims at 2:45 p.m. Watch on the video above.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate