Mariah Carey reacted to the mass shooting in Las Vegas on Sunday night that left at least 50 dead while being interviewed on live television to discuss her upcoming U.K. Christmas shows.
Carey appeared on Good Morning Britain when host Piers Morgan asked the pop superstar about the attack, which is the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history. (Carey herself has performed numerous times in Las Vegas as part of her residency there.)
“What’s your reaction, just on a human level, to concertgoers, people who love performers like yourself, being targeted in this way?” Morgan asked.
“It’s terrible. People are just going out to listen to music because that’s what they want to do. They’re out for the night, and something shocking happens,” Carey said. “Nobody could have expected it, and it’s just wrong. I really don’t know what to say.”
Carey followed up the interview by tweeting her condolences to victims of the Vegas attack.
Morgan, for his part, also clarified in later tweets that Carey’s team had been informed ahead of time the subject would come up.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World