Mariah Carey reacted to the mass shooting in Las Vegas on Sunday night that left at least 50 dead while being interviewed on live television to discuss her upcoming U.K. Christmas shows.
Carey appeared on Good Morning Britain when host Piers Morgan asked the pop superstar about the attack, which is the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history. (Carey herself has performed numerous times in Las Vegas as part of her residency there.)
“What’s your reaction, just on a human level, to concertgoers, people who love performers like yourself, being targeted in this way?” Morgan asked.
“It’s terrible. People are just going out to listen to music because that’s what they want to do. They’re out for the night, and something shocking happens,” Carey said. “Nobody could have expected it, and it’s just wrong. I really don’t know what to say.”
Carey followed up the interview by tweeting her condolences to victims of the Vegas attack.
Morgan, for his part, also clarified in later tweets that Carey’s team had been informed ahead of time the subject would come up.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears