At least 58 people were killed and more than 515 injured in a shooting at the Route 91 Harvest Festival at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas on Sunday, the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
Police say Stephen Paddock opened fire from the Mandalay Bay onto the outdoor Route 91 Harvest Festival, which was taking place across the road from the Mandalay Bay Resort on the famous Las Vegas Strip. Witnesses at the festival reported seeing flashes from the front of the Mandalay Bay.
“[Country music singer Jason Aldean] was just performing and then we heard this loud bang almost like a glass bottle, like a pop sound,” one witness said. “Then we heard a pop, pop, pop – like firecrackers or something.”
“It was a horror show,” another witness told the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
Watch the video above for more.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time