At least 58 people were killed and more than 515 injured in a shooting at the Route 91 Harvest Festival at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas on Sunday, the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
Police say Stephen Paddock opened fire from the Mandalay Bay onto the outdoor Route 91 Harvest Festival, which was taking place across the road from the Mandalay Bay Resort on the famous Las Vegas Strip. Witnesses at the festival reported seeing flashes from the front of the Mandalay Bay.
“[Country music singer Jason Aldean] was just performing and then we heard this loud bang almost like a glass bottle, like a pop sound,” one witness said. “Then we heard a pop, pop, pop – like firecrackers or something.”
“It was a horror show,” another witness told the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
Watch the video above for more.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive