Lin-Manuel Miranda strongly condemned President Donald Trump’s response after Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico saying he is “going straight to hell.”
“You’re going straight to hell, @realDonaldTrump. No long lines for you. Someone will say, ‘Right this way, sir.’ They’ll clear a path,” the Hamilton star tweeted.
Miranda also linked to Trump’s tweets attacking San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz for being “nasty” to him, having poor leadership and saying she and others in Puerto Rico “want everything to be done for them.”
Miranda commented over a series of tweets that Trump has been spending his time golfing while Cruz has been working and saving lives.
Trump plans to go to Puerto Rico for the first time Tuesday, close to two weeks after the hurricane made landfall on Sept. 20.
Miranda in his tweets also linked to the Hispanic Federation’s donation page while continuing to comment on Trump.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023