David S. Pumpkins is returning for Halloween, and this year he’s getting his very own special.
The Tom Hanks character scared and danced his way into people’s hearts when he first appeared in a Saturday Night Live sketch last October. This year, David S. Pumpkins is coming back as a cartoon with his own half-hour show, NBC announced Thursday.
Hanks will voice the animated character alongside the skit’s three writers Mikey Day, Bobby Moynihan (who appeared as skeleton back-up dancers in the original skit), and Streeter Seidell. Peter Dinklage will also lend his vocal talents to the special.
NBC teased a synopsis of the show on Thursday: “Set in a small suburban town on All Hallows’ Eve, the special centers on David Pumpkins and his skeleton sidekicks who show a young boy and his sister the true meaning of Halloween, answering none of their questions along the way.”
Hanks hinted earlier this month that David S. Pumpkins would return when he tweeted a photo of a script for “The David S. Pumpkins Song.” Needless to say, viewers can anticipate music during the upcoming special.
NBC will air the program the Saturday before Halloween on Oct. 28, at 11:30 p.m. ET.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief