David S. Pumpkins is returning for Halloween, and this year he’s getting his very own special.
The Tom Hanks character scared and danced his way into people’s hearts when he first appeared in a Saturday Night Live sketch last October. This year, David S. Pumpkins is coming back as a cartoon with his own half-hour show, NBC announced Thursday.
Hanks will voice the animated character alongside the skit’s three writers Mikey Day, Bobby Moynihan (who appeared as skeleton back-up dancers in the original skit), and Streeter Seidell. Peter Dinklage will also lend his vocal talents to the special.
NBC teased a synopsis of the show on Thursday: “Set in a small suburban town on All Hallows’ Eve, the special centers on David Pumpkins and his skeleton sidekicks who show a young boy and his sister the true meaning of Halloween, answering none of their questions along the way.”
Hanks hinted earlier this month that David S. Pumpkins would return when he tweeted a photo of a script for “The David S. Pumpkins Song.” Needless to say, viewers can anticipate music during the upcoming special.
NBC will air the program the Saturday before Halloween on Oct. 28, at 11:30 p.m. ET.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror