While Taylor Swift has kept a relatively low profile since dropping the first singles from her upcoming album Reputation, a new behind-the-scenes video about her buzzworthy and reference-laden music video for “Look What You Made Me Do” reveals a major confirmation of a popular fan theory about the song.
In one of the scenes in the music video, Taylor is seen robbing a streaming company with her girl gang, who are all clad in cat masks, in the manner of a bank robbery.
Swifties hypothesized that the cat masks were an homage to Taylor’s cat, Olivia Benson, something that Swift confirms herself by pointing out how the masks could have looked even more similar to Olivia if they had just tweaked the ears a bit. Swift also talks about the heist scene, saying that “the absolute idiocy of this scene is that we’re robbing a streaming company as if they have a vault of cash.”
Watch the full clip below.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up