While Taylor Swift has kept a relatively low profile since dropping the first singles from her upcoming album Reputation, a new behind-the-scenes video about her buzzworthy and reference-laden music video for “Look What You Made Me Do” reveals a major confirmation of a popular fan theory about the song.
In one of the scenes in the music video, Taylor is seen robbing a streaming company with her girl gang, who are all clad in cat masks, in the manner of a bank robbery.
Swifties hypothesized that the cat masks were an homage to Taylor’s cat, Olivia Benson, something that Swift confirms herself by pointing out how the masks could have looked even more similar to Olivia if they had just tweaked the ears a bit. Swift also talks about the heist scene, saying that “the absolute idiocy of this scene is that we’re robbing a streaming company as if they have a vault of cash.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement