Although a source reportedly confirmed that Kit Harington and Rose Leslie were engaged Tuesday, the real-life Game of Thrones couple waited an extra day to personally announce their impending nuptials.
The former co-stars — who met playing star-crossed lovers Jon Snow and Ygritte on Thrones — put out a notice in the Wednesday edition of The Times of London newspaper making their intention to tie the knot public.
“The engagement is announced between Kit, younger son of David and Deborah Harington of Worcestershire, and Rose, middle daughter of Sebastian and Candy Leslie of Aberdeenshire,” the announcement — under the names Mr. K.C. (Kit Catesby) Harington and Miss R.E. (Rose Eleanor) Leslie — read.
Harington and Leslie made their public debut as a couple at the 2016 Olivier Awards and moved in together earlier this year. “If you’re already attracted to someone, and then they play your love interest in the show, it becomes very easy to fall in love,” Harington told L’Uomo Vogue in May 2016.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.