1. These drones could save lives in a disaster zone.
By the University of South Australia
2. Girls education is linked to climate action. Here’s how.
By Christina Kwauk and Amanda Braga at the Brookings Institution
3. Ham radio operators are extending a lifeline to the storm-ravaged Caribbean.
By Sarah Emerson in Motherboard
4. Can we trust imported organic food?
By Scott Thill in Civil Eats
5. Is the world ready for “Kurdexit?”
By Steven A. Cook at the Council on Foreign Relations
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism