The NFL was engulfed in a star-spangled clamor over the weekend as President Trump attacked players, coaches and owners who, in a gesture of protest, linked arms, knelt on one knee or stayed inside during the singing of the national anthem.
So how well do you know the lyrics to the song? To test your chops when it comes to remembering all the words of “The Star-Spangled Banner,” here’s a simple challenge: We divided the first verse’s lyrics into 44 words or short phrases and randomly reordered them below. All you have to do is drag the words back to their correct location. We removed all the punctuation and line breaks — only the order of the words matters for your score.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating