The NFL was engulfed in a star-spangled clamor over the weekend as President Trump attacked players, coaches and owners who, in a gesture of protest, linked arms, knelt on one knee or stayed inside during the singing of the national anthem.
So how well do you know the lyrics to the song? To test your chops when it comes to remembering all the words of “The Star-Spangled Banner,” here’s a simple challenge: We divided the first verse’s lyrics into 44 words or short phrases and randomly reordered them below. All you have to do is drag the words back to their correct location. We removed all the punctuation and line breaks — only the order of the words matters for your score.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Chris Wilson at email@example.com