1. Black athletes can teach us about more than just sports.
By Andre Perry in the Hechinger Report
2. In Japan, struggling local farmers are building joint-use solar and mushroom farms.
By Adele Peters in Fast Company
3. Can’t get to the gym? Any activity — vacuuming, scrubbing the floor — will protect your heart.
By the Telegraph
4. Make sure you’re in a good mood for your flu vaccine this fall. It’ll work better.
By the University of Nottingham
5. Child abuse rewires the brain of survivors.
By McGill University
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement