1. The internet’s biggest companies just quietly changed how the web works.
By Adrianne Jeffries in the Outline
2. A new nuclear arms race is taking shape between Washington and Moscow. Is Russia in the lead?
By Patrick Tucker in Defense One
3. By watching grownups, babies can learn that hard work pays off.
By Anne Trafton at MIT News
4. Americans have given up on public schools. That’s a mistake.
By Erika Christakis in the Atlantic
5. There’s new hope for women who thought they’d hit a dead end with IVF.
By Stephen S. Hall in the Cut
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now