On Tuesday night, Jimmy Kimmel took to his late night show once more to talk healthcare — a subject near and dear to him personally, after his infant son dealt with heart surgery in the days after his birth last May. He delivered a heartfelt monologue then about the importance of adequate health coverage for all Americans, and in the wake of new healthcare legislation from Senators Bill Cassidy and Lindsay Graham, he returned to the subject with an emotional plea.
Kimmel then played a CNN clip proving that Cassidy had, indeed, created this test. (Medical experts who have assessed the Graham-Cassidy bill do not believe it would sufficiently cover people with pre-existing conditions like Billy.)
They played another clip of Cassidy, this time appearing alongside Kimmel on his show. In the video, Cassidy says “Yep” to Kimmel’s question about Americans receiving healthcare, regardless of income.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption