On Tuesday night, Jimmy Kimmel took to his late night show once more to talk healthcare — a subject near and dear to him personally, after his infant son dealt with heart surgery in the days after his birth last May. He delivered a heartfelt monologue then about the importance of adequate health coverage for all Americans, and in the wake of new healthcare legislation from Senators Bill Cassidy and Lindsay Graham, he returned to the subject with an emotional plea.
Kimmel then played a CNN clip proving that Cassidy had, indeed, created this test. (Medical experts who have assessed the Graham-Cassidy bill do not believe it would sufficiently cover people with pre-existing conditions like Billy.)
They played another clip of Cassidy, this time appearing alongside Kimmel on his show. In the video, Cassidy says “Yep” to Kimmel’s question about Americans receiving healthcare, regardless of income.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart