On Tuesday night, Jimmy Kimmel took to his late night show once more to talk healthcare — a subject near and dear to him personally, after his infant son dealt with heart surgery in the days after his birth last May. He delivered a heartfelt monologue then about the importance of adequate health coverage for all Americans, and in the wake of new healthcare legislation from Senators Bill Cassidy and Lindsay Graham, he returned to the subject with an emotional plea.
Kimmel then played a CNN clip proving that Cassidy had, indeed, created this test. (Medical experts who have assessed the Graham-Cassidy bill do not believe it would sufficiently cover people with pre-existing conditions like Billy.)
They played another clip of Cassidy, this time appearing alongside Kimmel on his show. In the video, Cassidy says “Yep” to Kimmel’s question about Americans receiving healthcare, regardless of income.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time