Better watch out, Taylor Swift — Cardi B’s making money moves and if she has her way, she’ll be taking the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100.
During an appearance on The Breakfast Club on Friday, the viral rapper of the moment shared how she almost scored the #1 spot on the chart until Taylor Swift dropped her first single “Look What You Made Me Do.”
“I almost had it, but then that damn Taylor Swift came out of nowhere like a Hurricane Irma or something,” she said jokingly before giving her props. “That record, you know what? She did her thing.”
Bodak Yellow, which currently holds the second spot overall, reached #1 for streaming on Monday. This is the first time in three years that two women have topped the Billboard Hot 100.
Watch the full interview below.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This