The bionic kangaroo has self-charging legs that allow it to keep jumping indefinitely without tiring, just like real kangaroos capture and re-use energy by using the tendons in their legs like springs.
It’s thought that the robot kangaroo technology could lead to advances in endurance for products such as cars and other robots.
The BionicKangaroo, which is made by the German tech company Festo, weighs 15 lb (7kg) and stands 3ft 3inches (1m) tall, and it can jump 2ft 7 inch (0.8 meters) horizontally.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption