The bionic kangaroo has self-charging legs that allow it to keep jumping indefinitely without tiring, just like real kangaroos capture and re-use energy by using the tendons in their legs like springs.
It’s thought that the robot kangaroo technology could lead to advances in endurance for products such as cars and other robots.
The BionicKangaroo, which is made by the German tech company Festo, weighs 15 lb (7kg) and stands 3ft 3inches (1m) tall, and it can jump 2ft 7 inch (0.8 meters) horizontally.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time