(INDIANAPOLIS) — A man has been fatally shot in Indianapolis after kicking in the door while looking for someone at the wrong apartment.
Police Capt. Harold Turner says it appears to be a case of self-defense. He says the 34-year-old man was shot by a resident of the apartment who was protecting himself, a woman and two small children late Thursday.
Police say the incident began when the man pounded on the door and said he was looking for a woman. He kicked in the door despite being told the woman wasn’t there.
She apparently lives in a different building.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World