Democratic Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer revealed on a hot mic Thursday that he isn’t insecure about what President Trump thinks of him.
Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi had announced after Wednesday night dinner with Trump that they had reached a deal to replace DACA and enhance border security without Trump’s promised wall. Lately, the pair of Democratic leaders has been working more closely and publicly with Trump.
As Schumer continued on the hot mic, he seemed to address his statement in light of the GOP follow-up. “Look, what we said was exactly accurate,” he said, and added that “it’s going to work out.”
“Here’s what I told him: I said, ‘Mr. President, you’re much better off if you can sometimes step right and sometimes step left. If you have to step just in one direction, you’re boxed.’ He gets that,” Schumer said on the recording.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time