Isaiah Wright, 20, and Camion Patrick, 22, are being charged along with two others in relation to the July 25 stabbing death of Caleb Radford in Louisville, Tenn., reports the Washington Post. Police did not specify how each of the defendants were involved in the case.
The Post reports that Wright and Patrick first caught wider attention when their involvement in the East Mississippi Community College football team was featured in the second season of Last Chance U.
According to ESPN, they “talked about the challenges they faced as children in foster care” in the series. Both were seen as promising football players, reports the Post.
Wright, a running back, enrolled and completed spring training in West Georgia University but left before the 2017 football season started, reports Knoxville News-Sentinel.
Patrick, a wide receiver, played briefly for Indiana University in the 2016 season before his football aspirations were put to and end by multiple injuries, according to the Post.
The brothers were separately arrested Wednesday, reports ESPN: Wright in Tennessee, Patrick on the campus of Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears