The “Hand in Hand” telethon for hurricane relief on Monday night raised more than $44 million in total to benefit the victims of Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma.
“Natural disasters don’t discriminate. They don’t see if you’re an immigrant, black or white, Hispanic or Asian, Jewish or Muslim, wealthy or poor,” Beyoncé said in a fundraising video. “We’re all in this together.”
Proceeds for the telethon will benefit a range of organizations, including the Rebuild Texas fund, Habitat for Humanity, Save the Children, United Way and Direct Relief.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears