The “Hand in Hand” telethon for hurricane relief on Monday night raised more than $44 million in total to benefit the victims of Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma.
“Natural disasters don’t discriminate. They don’t see if you’re an immigrant, black or white, Hispanic or Asian, Jewish or Muslim, wealthy or poor,” Beyoncé said in a fundraising video. “We’re all in this together.”
Proceeds for the telethon will benefit a range of organizations, including the Rebuild Texas fund, Habitat for Humanity, Save the Children, United Way and Direct Relief.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer