Nicole Kidman may not be great at clapping, but that doesn’t mean she and her Big Little Lies stars didn’t make a statement of general excellence at the 2017 Emmys.
The stars of women-forward drama Big Little Lies are known for having fun on set. So unsurprisingly, solidarity was in the air when Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley and Zoe Kravitz embraced, cheered each other on, stared into each other’s souls and generally slayed the game at the Emmys.
The miniseries based on Liane Moriarty’s book about moms in Monterey, California took home eight prizes in the limited series categories, including victories for Nicole Kidman and Laura Dern.
And there was Dern perched in the crowd with her Emmy cheering on Kidman who gave a moving speech about spotlighting domestic violence. And here was Witherspoon visibly moved by Kidman as well. The internet loved it.
Ever the turbo mom, Witherspoon took the Instagram’s to share her happiness.
So did Kravitz.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer