On Tuesday, Apple revealed not one but two new models of iPhone: the iPhone 8 (and larger-sized 8 Plus), and the iPhone X (pronounced like the number ten). (No word on why they mysteriously skipped the model 9, though.) As expected, Apple fans and critics were out in full force to eat up every last bite of the livestreamed announcement. The internet quickly digested the information, and spat it back out in the form of… meme responses, of course.
While the iPhone 8 is quite similar to the iPhone 7, it changes things up with a glass back and wireless charging, plus other technical upgrades. The iPhone X, meanwhile, stands out for its Face ID unlocking technology, edge-to-edge OLED screen and $999 price tag. Here’s how people are comparing the two.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?