Kristen Bell has been down in Orlando, Florida shooting a movie — which put her right in the path of Hurricane Irma’s wrath over the weekend when the storm barreled into the southern state, flooding cities and leavings residents to seek shelter. Luckily, Bell herself was in a good place: the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort.
It was such a safe place, in fact, that residents of two senior living facilities were evacuated into the hotel, too. After sharing her adventures with her new friends on Instagram, Jimmy Kimmel caught up with Kristen via video on Monday night’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! to see how the motley crew were faring in their swanky digs.
“We’ve been making the most of a crazy situation,” the Frozen actor told Kimmel. “We’ve gotten through it really well.” She added that they’ve been prepping all kinds of hijinks for the senior folks, like wheelchair races at midnight and rounds of the retirement-home preferred game Bingo.
Bell also introduced audiences to a hotel manager, Gary, who hadn’t slept in 72 hours — and to an elderly man with whom Bell had performed a duet. “This is my sidepiece here in Orlando, John,” she explained to Kimmel.
Looks like Bell and the hotel staff are bringing plenty of moments of levity to what could have been a much more dire situation.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate