Hurricane Irma made landfall in Florida early Sunday morning, touching down in Cudjoe Key at approximately 9 a.m. e.t. Irma subsequently began heading towards Southern Florida, with the National Hurricane Center reporting gusts of wind reaching 92 miles per hour at Miami International Airport.
“Irma will bring life threatening wind impacts to much of Florida regardless of the exact track of the center,” the National Hurricane Center said in an advisory Sunday. “Wind hazards from Irma are also expected to spread northward through Georgia and into portions of Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina and North Carolina.”
Watch the hurricane unfold at various spots in Florida, including the cities of Naples and Miami, on the video above.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears