Tormund Giantsbane has been pining after Brienne of Tarth since she delivered Sansa Stark to Castle Black in Game of Thrones‘ sixth season. But according to Gwendoline Christie — who plays Brienne — the Wildling leader continues to make eyes at her even after the camera stops rolling.
During a Tuesday appearance on Late Night With Seth Meyers, the 38-year-old actor revealed that her co-star Kristofer Hivju enjoys staying in character between takes of the HBO drama.
“He is into me, and he likes to continue being in character even off set,” she told the host. “So we’ll be in an easy-up, which is of course a dark tent, with a sort of gas heater burning away. And he will start chewing a sandwich wildly at me, masticating wildly at me. Really kind of making love to that sandwich as he eyeballs me, eyes like lasers pointing right at me.”
Watch the full clip above.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List