From playfully roasting each other online to cheering on their adorable daughter Luna together, John Legend and Chrissy Teigen make the cliché “relationship goals” feel like something actually worth striving for. But it turns out that even they have experienced rough patches in their relationship.
In an interview with the Guardian, Legend revisited a story about a time when he unsuccessfully attempted to break up with Teigen, who refused to agree to the split. In the end, the “break-up” lasted for less than a day before the couple got back together.
“I was really stressed and busy,” Legend said. “I was just like, ‘I’d just be happier single right now,’ and she was like, ‘No.’”
Teigen, for her part, responded to the re-telling of their brief break-up in the most on-brand way possible — with a couple of sassy tweets that clarified the context and reminded her fans that she and Legend have clocked 11 years together as a couple.
Calling out someone for being a “whiny face” might be one of the best arguments for saving a relationship, to be honest. Once again, Chrissy and John are the ultimate in relationship goals.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.