1. College football is a moneymaking sham.
By Sean Illing at Vox
2. Insect eyes are inspiring a new generation of more affordable solar cells.
By Mark Shwartz at Stanford University
3. America needs its historians now more than ever.
By Karen L. Cox at CNN
4. Congress can stop the unfolding crisis in Yemen.
By Willis L. Krumholz in Defense One
5. A targeted ethanol injection could be a silver bullet against some tumors.
By Alex Berezow at the American Council on Science and Health
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief