Warning: This post contains spoilers for season seven of Game of Thrones.
Reddit user abdo0000 has laid out a theory that may prove Hot Pie — everyone’s favorite direwolf bread baker — is actually responsible for the White Walkers gaining access to Westeros.
“Hot Pie is the reason behind all of this,” the Redditor wrote. “It’s all because of him. If he didn’t tell Arya that Winterfell is under [the] Starks control, Cersei could be dead now. Jon and his company won’t [go] get a White Walker. They won’t go beyond the Wall. Viserion would be alive. The Wall won’t fall. And all [of] Westeros would be united against the Night King.”
It’s certainly true that Arya was on her way to King’s Landing to kill Cersei before she found out that her family had regained control of Winterfell from the Boltons. But we’re still not ready to assign all the blame to Hot Pie. After all, once the Night King sets his mind on something, it doesn’t seem like there’s any stopping him.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time