Beyoncé has at least 18 reasons to celebrate on her 36th birthday.
Michelle Obama, Serena Williams, Tina Knowles, and Destiny’s Child group members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, donned a memorable look from Beyoncé’s “Formation” video in tribute to the music icon’s life and legacy.
Also appearing in the photo series is Beyoncé’s daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, Pretty Little Liars actress Bianca Lawson, as well as JAY-Z’s grandmother, Hattie White.
JAY-Z also honored his wife’s birthday during his set at Sunday’s Made in America festival in Philadelphia.
“Shout out to Beyoncé. Beautiful Bey is in the house tonight. Happy Birthday my love,” he said, according to E! News, before leading the crowd in a “Happy Birthday” song dedicated to her as she danced in the stands.
To see all of the portraits inspired by Beyoncé’s “Formation” video, head to her website, here.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out