Warning: This post contains spoilers for season seven of Game of Thrones.
During a 2015 appearance on Conan, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau — who plays Jaime Lannister — jokingly hinted that romance was in the cards for Daenerys Targaryen’s dragons. “You know Jaime and Cersei, they have this incestous relationship,” he deadpanned. “Well, the dragons too.”
While the actual dragons don’t seem to be going down that road, the season seven finale saw Jon Snow and Daenerys — who are both Targaryens and, therefore, the blood of the dragon — consummate their relationship.
Maybe Jaime isn’t the stupidest Lannister after all.
Watch the full clip below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating