Warning: This post contains spoilers for season seven of Game of Thrones.
During a 2015 appearance on Conan, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau — who plays Jaime Lannister — jokingly hinted that romance was in the cards for Daenerys Targaryen’s dragons. “You know Jaime and Cersei, they have this incestous relationship,” he deadpanned. “Well, the dragons too.”
While the actual dragons don’t seem to be going down that road, the season seven finale saw Jon Snow and Daenerys — who are both Targaryens and, therefore, the blood of the dragon — consummate their relationship.
Maybe Jaime isn’t the stupidest Lannister after all.
Watch the full clip below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org