Princess Diana’s status as a style icon has become just as much a part of her legacy as the “People’s Princess” as her humanitarian work and her love for children. However, the princess’ celebrated sense of style holds up as more than just a fashion statement — it’s a visible testament to her evolution as a person. While Diana’s taste in fashion was always elegant, her selections as newly-wed 20-year-old differed drastically from the glamorous ensembles she would later sport after she had grown in both years, confidence, and wisdom.
From the demure deep blue suit she wore for her official engagement photos to the gorgeous black velvet gown and tiara she wore to dance with John Travolta at the White House, here’s a look back at Diana’s fashion evolution.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization