The Taylor Swift clones have taken Adele’s Vevo crown.
Less than 24 hours after releasing her new music video for “Look What You Made Me Do” during the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, Swift beat Adele’s record for most single-day views on Vevo.
Adele took the honor from Swift in October 2015, when her emotional video for “Hello” notched 27.7 million views, beating Swift’s previous record of 20.1 million views with “Bad Blood.”
Swift’s clip, directed by Joseph Kahn, finds the singer making several not-so-subtle references to her public feuds and features a group of Swift clones from different eras of her career dissing each other. Calling to mind Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,” the visual opens with a zombie Swift digging herself out of a grave.
Kahn pointed out Swift’s new accomplishment on Twitter Monday, writing to her fans, “YOU MOFOS BROKE THE VEVO RECORD. WITH 6 HOURS TO GO. Wut.”
EW has reached out to Vevo for more information on the record.
It’s just the latest feat Swift has achieved with the song, which broke streaming records on Spotify and YouTube on its first day of release, the Associated Pressreported.
“Look What You Made Me Do” is Swift’s first solo track in three years and the debut single from her forthcoming sixth album, Reputation, due Nov. 10.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief